Schedule Your Marketing Time
The Truth of the Matter
Finding time to work ON your business can be a challenge for pet sitters looking to grow their businesses. The bottom line is that your busy life is always going to get in the way, whether it be children, illness, social engagements or most commonly for pet sitters…. visits, dog walks and overnights.
Lack of time can most definitely be an obstacle for growth, and I wish I had an easy answer on how to hurdle it, but here is the truth… You do not get results from things you don’t implement. What does this mean? It means that you are not going to see results in growing your business if you don’t take the time to learn and then implement what you have learned in your business. There is no magic pill. You have to do the work.You do not get results from things you don’t implement. Click To Tweet
My Hard-Learned Lesson
I went five years running myself ragged and making a very average income while doing it. One day I thought to myself, “what is the point of all this?! I have no life, and I have no money.” I knew if I wanted to grow my business and achieve financial success, not to mention gain my freedom my back, things had to change.
I completely removed myself from the actual pet sitting part of the business. I found that the best way to makes sure I have the time to work on my business was for me to hire a staff to take my dog walks and pet sitting duties off my plate.
Don’t freak out! I’m not saying you have to remove yourself completely. What I am saying, is that you need to schedule the time to work on your business and to market your business.
What this may look like for you:
- You hire someone to cover all of your dog walks and visits one day per week and then you commit that one day per to working on your business.
- You hire someone to cover all of your weekend visits and then you commit your weekends to working on the business.
- You keep your midday clients, then hire someone to cover the pet sitting visits. Now you have your mornings and evening free to work on your business.
If You Don’t Schedule It, It’s Not Real.”
Most importantly, you schedule your time to work ON your business. Marie Forleo said it best, “if you don’t schedule it, it’s not real.” Your good intentions to do something it not good enough. By actually plugging your marketing time into your calendar, you are much more likely to do and complete the work.If You Don’t Schedule It, It’s Not Real. Click To Tweet
For Those Completely Not Ready to Hire Yet
If you’re thinking your business just isn’t ready to hire yet, then my suggestion is to make more time out of the time you already have.
- Ask for help: Maybe your mom can pick the kids up from school one day a week, or your husband can cook dinner a night or two. (Trust me, it won’t kill him!)
- Hire a housekeeper: Perhaps it’s time to delegate a different duty – Housework!
- Hiring a different form of help: Such as a Bookkeeper, Client Happiness Manager or Social Media Manager.
- Change your schedule: Get up earlier, stay up later or forfeit TV time.
Your Homework Assignment: Once you find the time to market your business, schedule it!
YES! Send Me The Complete Checklist of 125 ways to get more PET SITTING CLIENTS!