How to Overcome Negative Online Reviews
Negative online reviews matter! Many consumers make their buying decisions based on a company’s online reviews. My advice for you today is to try your very best to turn those negative online reviews around to work in your favor.
Let’s pretend that a customer leaves your pet sitting business a scathing review on Yelp. Below are three different ways that you can handle it;
#1. BAD: You completely ignore the review
#2. BETTER: “Hi, thank you for your feedback. We will use your comment to strive for a better experience for our customers.”
#3. GREAT: “Dear Eileen, We sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had with [insert pet sitting business name]. I am disappointed about [insert negative event.] We strive to provide the very best that pet care has to offer and in this instance it doesn’t appear that has happened. I would appreciate the opportunity to make things right with you and [insert pet’s name.]. As a token of good faith, I would like to offer you a full refund for your service order. We value you as a person and as a customer of [insert pet sitting business name]. My sincerest apologies, [insert your name]
Some Things To Remember:
- Personalize the response by using the customer’s name.
- Address the issue.
- Be accountable and take responsibility.
- Put yourself in your customer’s shoes.
- Would you be frustrated if this happened to you?
- What would it take for you to feel better about the situation?
- Don’t make things worse by writing something negative back, out of anger.
- Make sure you have calmed down and are thinking rationally before writing back.
- Regularly solicit customer feedback. If your customers believe that you truly care and want to hear from them, they will be less likely to post a negative review without first coming to you for a resolution.
- Encourage your happy customers to write positive reviews and showcase them on your website, in your newsletter and on social media.
If you would like to read the example I spoke about in my video, click this magical link. <=====
Your Homework Assignment: Create a system where you are consistently soliciting feedback from your customers and encouraging positive online reviews.
YES! Send Me The Complete Checklist of 125 ways to get more PET SITTING CLIENTS!