11 Ways To Generate Trust With Your Pet Sitting Customers and Prospects
The best piece of advice I can give you for owning a pet sitting business is to create a reputation for yourself and for your business as being “trustworthy.” In this industry, our customers are in essence, giving the keys to their homes to complete strangers. They’re basically saying, “Come on in (while I’m not here) and take care of my precious pals and worldly treasures.” If you think of it from this perspective, you can see how hiring a pet sitting service is a very scary thing for our customers. It is your job to show your pet sitting customers and customer prospects that you and your business can be trusted implicitly. So, how do you create trust with your pet sitting customers and prospects? Here are 11 ways…
#1. Owning a pet sitting business requires a professional website
- You literally have 3 seconds to make an impression on your website visitors. If you have a poorly designed and unprofessional looking site, it’s going to be a serious detriment to your credibility and will most likely result in lost opportunities.
#2. Include your business phone number at the top of every page on your website
- Phone numbers that are front and center invoke trust.
- Answer the phone when it rings! People will feel immediately comfortable if they know they can get a live person on the phone when they call.
#3. Post your credentials on your website by including the logos to associations for which you are affiliated
- Showcase the positive experiences of others who have used your pet sitting service. The more the better! If you only have a few, don’t let that stop you. You have to start somewhere.
- Dedicate an entire page for your positive reviews. Here is an article on how to use social proof when owning a pet sitting business.
#5. Make it personal
- People trust people. Showcase who you are on your About Us page. Tell your story on this page and be sure to include a picture or a video, so people can connect with you.
#6. Have a Meet Our Team Page
- Your prospects will feel more at ease if they can visually see who will be coming into their homes. I suggest using video, but at the very least, include a picture and write-up of each team member.
#7. Have a blog on your website
- Fresh and relevant content, for which your prospects will find valuable, is not only good for search engine optimization, but it also shows that your business is alive and kicking, which breeds trust.
- Be clear about what you will and will not do with any personal data you collect. Make it easy to read.
- You can have one generated for you by Ibuenda.
#9. Clearly communicate what your customers can expect from your servicesBe crystal clear on exactly what your customers can expect from using your service. Click To Tweet
This is the knowledge-bomb!
- Don’t ever promise anything that you can’t deliver on. It is better to under-promise and over-deliver.
- Lay out your Polices and Procedures and be sure they understand all of them.
- Let them know exactly when they will hear from their sitter to schedule their registration meeting.
- Let them know exactly how they will hear from their sitter when they are gone.
- Let them know how you will communicate with them.
- Let them know exactly what will happen at each and every visit or house sitting stay.
- Let them know how you will follow-up with them.
- Let them know how they can schedule and how long they can expect for a service order to be processed.
- MANAGE THEIR EXPECTATIONS! If you deliver on what you promised, they will trust you and they in turn will spread the word.
#10. Offer a Guarantee
- Offering a guarantee will alleviate your customer’s sense of risk.
- Pet Nanny offers a 100% money-back guarantee. I know that we offer superior service, so I’m not worried about people cashing in on this offer, and if a sitter does mess-up, I want to give my customer’s their money back. Why should they pay for a service they didn’t receive?
- You may from time to time come across an unscrupulous individual, who is purposely trying to take advantage. When you do come head to head with this person, give them the refund and chalk it up as the cost of doing business (I’ll tell you a good story about this at a later time.)
#11. Keep in touch on a regular and consistent basis
- Creating a “Stay-In-Touch Marketing Plan” will help to keep you top-of-mind with your customers and customer prospects, but it also essential for owning a pet sitting business. When your customers can rely on the fact that they will hear from you on a consistent basis, they also know they can rely on you to take care of their most prized possessions.
Your Homework Assignment:
- Go to your website as if you were a first time visitor and ask yourself, “would I trust me based on this website?” If the answer is no, it’s time to revamp your site.
- Start to implement some or all of these 11 ways to generate trust with your pet sitting customers.
Enter Your Info Below to Download The Complete Checklist For Starting a Pet Sitting Business!